Reaching 99 Hunter in OSRS is no small feat, but with dedication and the right strategies, you can make it a reality. Hunter is a unique skill that allows players to catch various creatures and gather valuable resources. This guide will take you through the journey from level 1 to 99 Hunter, providing tips, methods, and essential information to make your training efficient and enjoyable.
Starting Out: Levels 1-9
To begin your Hunter journey, head to the Hunter tutor found just south of the Feldip Hills. Here, you’ll receive a noose wand to start your training. The initial levels are relatively quick to achieve:
Level 1-9: Bird Snares
- Bird snares are your primary training method during these levels.
- Catch Crimson Swifts at level 1 and move on to Tropical Wagtails at level 7.
- These creatures are found in the Feldip Hills area, just south of the Hunter tutor.
Getting Serious: Levels 9-29
Once you’ve reached level 9, you can start using box traps, which offer improved experience rates. During this phase, your focus should be on:
Level 9-29: Box Traps
- Catching Copper Longtails from level 9-19.
- Transition to Ruby Harvests from level 19-29.
- Both of these creatures can be found in the Piscatoris Hunter area.
Exploring New Methods: Levels 29-53
Upon reaching level 29, you can hunt swamp lizards. This method offers decent experience rates and is a good way to change things up. Here’s what you need to know:
Level 29-53: Swamp Lizards
- Catch swamp lizards using rope and small fishing nets in the Swamp Lizard area, which is accessible via the Fairy Ring code AKS.
- Swamp lizards are a viable alternative to box traps and offer a different experience.
Optimizing Your Training: Levels 53-99
From level 53 onwards, you have several efficient training methods to choose from. The choice depends on your preferences and goals.
Level 53-99: Chinchompas
- Red Chinchompas are one of the most popular methods for training Hunter in OSRS.
- Hunt them in the Wilderness at the Red Chinchompa hunting ground (level 32-34 Wilderness).
- This method offers excellent experience rates, but it comes with the risk of player killers in the Wilderness.
Level 63-99: Falconry
- Falconry is a unique and profitable Hunter training method.
- Catch Spotted Kebbits in the Piscatoris Hunter area.
- You’ll earn valuable kebbit fur that you can sell for profit.
Level 67-99: Black Chinchompas
- Black Chinchompas are found in the Wilderness, making them a risky but high-reward training option.
- They provide the best experience rates in the game, but player killers are a constant threat.
Level 73-99: Herbiboar